Friday, August 15, 2008

Dinner Tonight

Here's what I have planned for dinner tonight:
  • Spinach and brie chicken with tomato orzo

  • Leaping Lizard 2006 Chardonnay

  • Sugar-free chocolate pudding and raspberries for dessert

I haven't made the recipe before, but I got it online from Everyday Food magazine (a GREAT magazine with easy, simple, delicious recipes). The recipe can be found here: http://www.marthastewart.com/recipe/spinach-and-brie-chicken-with-tomato-orzo

I don't eat much chicken and only recently started cooking it as I used to be a full-fledged vegetarian who had also dabbled in veganism. But, since I got married and my husband is definitely more of a meat-and-potatoes guy, I've started cooking meat and have even been eating some. I've been sticking to chicken and fish, and I don't really see myself branching out into red meat.

As for the menu, Leaping Lizard is also one of my favorite types of wine. They are really reasonably priced (<$15) and have a great chardonnay and cabernet.

I'll post later how dinner turns out :)

Update: Dinner was good. The chicken came out well, and I used toothpicks to help hold it together. I wasn't thrilled with the tomato orzo though - needed more of a flavor boost.

1 comment:

Joy said...

Thank you for commenting on my blog! It's nice to know someone's reading. :-) I'm adding your blog to my google reader! Definitely looks like you post some interesting stuff. I am always looking for new recipes.