Saturday, August 16, 2008

The Incredible Inedible Egg?

Ok, here's a confession....I HATE eggs. When I was younger I liked them and would snack on hard-boiled eggs. But then as my eating habits changed I started to find the smell of cooked eggs just repulsive. Add to that a year and a half of being vegan when I avoided them completely and now I can barely choke them down.

A little over two years ago I decided I wanted to eat egg white omelets (for health value, protein, etc.) and can now do that as long as they have cheese - goat cheese is the best - or lots of veggies and a ton of hot sauce. This morning I tried to have scrambled eggs whites along with some veggie sausage patties and 3 small pancakes I made, but it just wasn't working. I tried dipping them into Grey Poupon, but the eggy flavor still came through. Maybe I should've tried hot sauce? I would just really like to be able to whip them up quickly in the morning and have them as a nice protein boost for the day.

I guess I should just stick to omelets! I have another recipe from Everyday Food for an Egg White Omelet with Spinach and Cottage Cheese. I have spinach in my fridge, so maybe I'll pick up some cottage cheese later to try it tomorrow morning. The recipe isn't online, but another blogger has it posted: http://sweetandsaucy.wordpress.com/2008/06/09/egg-white-omelet-with-spinach-and-cottage-cheese/

Off to the dog park for a perfect Saturday with lots of little dogs running around :)

No comments: