Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Traveling and Eating Well

Ugh, business trips. My job includes far too many of them. And unfortunately, they're not to places known for healthy and light food. Not to offend anyone, but traveling in the south is tough. In a land of BBQ, buffets, and fried food, trying to eat well is a pain. (I'm from the NYC area, so it's quite a big change for me!)

Add to that 12 hour days on my feet, and the prospect of the gym just flies out the window. If I can really get my traveling under control, I think that's a huge part of getting healthier and happier.

I'm trying to make September a really healthy month. I got a workout in on the 1st, and tracked my calories fully for the past two days. Today I was flying here, so I gave myself some slack - flying always throws me off, so it's eat whatever I can stomach.

I just found out that the Starbucks here is carrying the new breakfast items - I can't wait to try the oatmeal. And they are now promoting their whey protein to add into drinks - that'll definitely help me meet my protein goals. Over the weekend I had the veggie egg white flatbread sandwich at Dunkin Donuts - so good! Too bad they don't have DD down here!

Alright, off to watch America's Next Top Model - such a guilty pleasure, I love it.

No comments: