Thursday, October 30, 2008

How Would I Travel Without Starbucks.....




Nevermind the fact that I completely rely on it for caffeine when I have to be at work at 6am (or beg a coworker to bring it in for me when I have to be in at 5!) but Starbucks is awesome for eating when traveling. No, I'm not talking about the pumpkin bread, rainbow cookies, or apple fritters (omg, amazing!). It's their oatmeal that I've come to absolutely love.

It helps that it's getting cooler, but being able to run be a place and get coffee and a filling good source of protein and fiber for not crazy calories is wonderful. I've also gotten it when taking early flights at the airport, or being stuck with delays. Definitely keeps me full for a while, so I'm not tempted to hit up the vending machines.

I think everything Starbucks has been doing lately to push nutrition - their healthy sandwiches, oatmeal, sugar-free syrups, fruit cups, etc. - has been great. Their nutrition information is also readily available on their website. True, they still have some outrageously high-cal treats, but it's called personal responsibility people. I do enjoy the occasional apple fritter, but I work it into my day.

Back to my skinny vanilla latte and catching up on email :)...

No comments: