Thursday, October 30, 2008

I Love My Dinner Plates - Is That Weird?



So while traveling, I'm thinking of the things I want to cook when I get home. And I'm thinking of the plates I'm going to serve said cooked food on. Hubs & I just moved into a new apartment and *finally* opened all of our wedding gifts and are using them. It makes such a difference to have really pretty, "grown-up" tableware.

Don't know if I have many readers, but if you're reading, do you have any favorite patterns? Mine is Portmeirion Botanic Roses :)

1 comment:

Pumpkin said...

Since over the years my mother and grandmother have inherited several sets of china from various women in the family, when I got married I decided that rather than register for china, I'd pick one of those. The pattern I picked is a vintage pattern that belonged to my great-aunt, a dietician and home economics professor. It was brought back from Japan as a gift to her from one of her husband's friends who was a ship captain. It's ivory with a dark blue rim and gold edging. I can't wait until we have a house and host our first family Thanksgiving so I can use it!